Sunday, March 29, 2009

The opposite world

Characters: Two men, one named James. Don’t know the other’s – lets call him Ken

Occasion: Pure and innocent eavesdropping from my part

 

Ken: You know what James?

James: Yeah?

Ken: We are not doing anything

James: No?

Ken: I mean we work and all that but that’s not anything. Everyone does it

James: Hmm

Ken: We have to do something more

James: We do?

Ken: Yeah. To, you know, change this world

James: Oh

Ken: Yeah

James: What’s on your mind?

Ken: I am thinking we will change the whole system

James: Oh?

Ken: Yeah like how it works now – we will reverse it

James: How do you mean?

Ken: For instance, we will let women work while we stay home

James: What?

Ken: Yeah. And we will let animals eat humans

James: What??

Ken: Hm I am running out of ideas but you get the picture. We will aim at “the opposite”

James: One question. Why?

Ken: To change the world man

James: Again. Why?

Ken: You don’t like it?

James: No

Ken: Not one bit?

James: Not one bit

Ken: Hmm maybe you have a point

James: I think I do

Ken: Maybe we can drop the animals thing

James: We sure can

Ken: But the women thing? That too?

James: It’s not that bad. I think I can get used to not waking up early and going to work

Ken: I think I can too

James: Would it be boring?

Ken: There will be a lot to do

James: Like?

Ken: Thinking. Men are great thinkers you know

James: Yeah. And we will keep it that way? No reversing the world of thinking?

Ken: Na. I like thinking

James: Yeah. Me too. Its kind of easy.

Ken: Comes natural I’d say.

James: Yeah

Ken: Yeah