Sunday, September 14, 2008

And they love me!

Characters: Kavya, me, Kitty, Nita
Occasion: Onam celebrations

Me: Oh wow they have soap bubbles
Kitty: Yeah yeah so don’t start bobbing up and down now
Nita: We will get one
Kavya: Are you 2 crazy? How old do you think we are? 5?
Me: Its not that different. A few fivers together and we have our age
Kitty: My my Ann! Aren’t you bright?
Nita: Come on girls, don’t act childish, quit fighting and lets get them bubbles
Me: Am with you
Nita and I rush to get it. Reluctantly Kavya and Kitty joins.
Kavya: Hmm sometimes I wonder who the problem is with? Them or me?
Kitty: Same here Kavya.
Nita and I are busily blowing bubbles and laughing.
Kavya: Alright that’s enough
Nita: What, we just started!
Kavya: I wasn’t talking about you
Nita: Huh?
Kavya: Come on Kitty, lets say our line
Kitty: If you cant fight ‘em, join ‘em?
Kavya: Yup
Me: I like that line
Nita: I do too and I will pretend its not because you guys finally had sense to realize what’s fun
Kitty: I wonder why I am like this sometimes? What happened to me!
Nita: Its not your fault. You lost something we didn’t, fifteen years ago
Kitty didn’t ask what, and Nita was so obviously wanting her to. So I asked
Me: What?
Nita [to Kitty]: your childhood.
Kitty was angry I asked the obvious and threw her entire soap solution over me. Unfortunately, Nita failed to recognize her ally in me and guffawed like an idiot. So did the mature-Ks.
What’s worse, the idiots started sucking from my head and blowing bubbles.
Me: That’s six broken legs, and three twisted noses for next week.
Kavya [knocking my head]: And a dumb head! Oh but we have always had that!
Kitty: Now thats its soaked, it might show signs of sanity
Nita: Naah my pal Ann would never betray her head!
That was too much for me. I knew I had to do something, but I wasnt sure what. So I cried.
Nita, Kitty and Kavya looked at each other and sang in chorus: And we love you!
That was in the music of 'And I love her', by Beatles.
I hid behind a bush. Sheesh!
(Secretly, cherish the moment)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guess what! I blew soap bubbles today! For Onam celebrations I mean.