Sunday, September 7, 2008

Eating cake was divine, musicial and artistic

Characters: Nita, Me, Kavya, Kavya's Ma
Background: In Kavya’s living room, dining room
Kavya is skipping channels on the TV. Nita and I plan to escape to her dining room and attack her cocoa cake.

Action

Nita took one piece of cake.
Me: Wow that’s a huge piece girl
Nita: Really? I thought it small. Now listen Ann, let me show you the art of enjoying a piece of cocoa cake.
Me: Hehe alright
Nita: See there is a rear end and a front end. The front end has a thick coating of, err black cream
Me: Chocolate coating
Nita: The front end has a thick coating of Chocolate. That’s the best part and you always keep the best for the end.
Me: Right
Nita: So I start at the rear, like this (takes a huge bite), now you just close your eyes and listen to that
Me: Listen to what?
Nita: The flow, of the cake. As it goes into your mouth and all around it. Ahhh its as good as listening to music (Proceeds to take on a funny expression to show enjoyment)
Me: (Laughs) Mmph
Nita: You don’t believe me? Its cause you never learnt the art. Now take the next bite. Ahhh, its so pleasant… (proceeds to move around, like in a ballroom dance)
Me: What are you doing? Kavya’s Ma will see
Nita: I cant help it dear. The cake is making me do this. Music and dance just comes into your body and makes you an addict
Me: Oh come on Nita!
Nita: And then the last part, the front end, the coating. Ahh its so divine…
Me: Oh God
Nita: If you want to dance or listen to real good music Ann, just go have a piece of cocoa cake. Beats all Michael Jacksons in the world
Me: I will agree with that, can you toss me a piece
Nita: (Looking insulted) Never ask me to toss food Ann, it shows disrespect. Here
Me: Mm this is good
Nita: Now close your eyes and listen. You will get music
Me: (Follows advice, listens, dances) You were right. It is artistic
(The 2 of us proceeds to dance keeping eyes closed and faces expressing intense involvement)
Kavya: What the heck are you two devils upto!!! What in the world are you doing Ann
Kavya’s Ma: (Proceeding from next room) Don’t stop them dear, they are experiencing divination right Nita dear?
Nita: (Looking scarlet) Yes Aunty hehehe
Me: Hehehe
Kavya’s Ma: (Smiles) Go on, help yourselves, have more
Nita and Me in unison: No thanks Aunty, that’s enough
Nita and I in unison again: Ok Kavya, we are off for now

(Hurries to front door, rushes off, not a word spoken to each other till on the street, we burst out laughing)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hullo, friend of mine said writing style was similar to mine. I think I agree with him :-)
I love cocoa cake too!